100 Phrasal Verbs to Learn for Life: Vocabulary Expansion for High-Intermediate and Advanced Students
If you’re a high-intermediate to advanced student of English as a foreign or second language, and you sometimes feel like giving up on phrasal verbs, you’re not alone. Phrasal verbs can be a nightmare for EFL/ESL students of all ages and levels, and the lists of phrasal verbs with meanings and examples you find on the Internet aren’t always useful.
100 Phrasal Verbs to Learn for Life, written by best-selling author Luiz Otávio Barros, offers a fresh approach to helping B2, C1, TOEFL/IELTS, and Cambridge First/Advanced students learn phrasal verbs more effectively. Here’s what makes the book unique:
• Instead of teaching hundreds of low-frequency phrasal verbs, we focus on 100 really common ones and teach them really well.
• The phrasal verbs are grouped by topic so you can remember them more easily.
• Each phrasal verb is supported by an average of 15 examples so you can really understand it.
• All of the 1,500 example sentences were adapted from authentic sources (newspapers, blogs, TV shows, etc.) so you can learn how each phrasal verb is used in the real world.
• The number of meanings per lesson is limited so you don’t get confused.
• 100 Phrasal Verbs to Learn for Life is light on terminology so you don’t get distracted by terms like “type 1” or “separable/inseparable.”
• There are dozens of exercises to help you check your progress, and they’re also available online – free of charge!
Phrasal verbs can be easier to learn than you think, especially at this level. So, why not give this book a chance and click/tap on look inside?