A Companion to Ancient Egyptian Art
A Companion to Ancient Egyptian Art presents a comprehensive collection of original essays exploring key concepts, critical discourses, and theories that shape the discipline of ancient Egyptian art.
• Winner of the 2016 PROSE Award for Single Volume Reference in the Humanities & Social Sciences
• Features contributions from top scholars in their respective fields of expertise relating to ancient Egyptian art
• Provides overviews of past and present scholarship and suggests new avenues to stimulate debate and allow for critical readings of individual art works
• Explores themes and topics such as methodological approaches, transmission of Egyptian art and its connections with other cultures, ancient reception, technology and interpretation,
• Provides a comprehensive synthesis on a discipline that has diversified to the extent that it now incorporates subjects ranging from gender theory to ‘X-ray fluorescence’ and ‘image-based interpretations systems