Dustin Nickerson – How to Be Married
Go beyond the formulas and charts as you dig deep into your one-of-a-kind relationship. In this book written for actual married humans by an actual married human, Dustin explains
– why laughing in your marriage is essential—even in the hard times;
– why in a marriage, unlike on Southwest, your baggage does not fly free;
– what sex has to do with Legoland;
– an approach to problem-solving (we’re talking money, kids, in-laws) that brings you closer; and
– why you should never put Scattergories on your wedding registry.
Popular standup comedian and podcaster Dustin Nickerson draws on experiences from his incredibly average life to share tips for appreciating the uniqueness of every marriage, especially his own. Through storytelling and brutally honest disclosures, Dustin brings his highly relatable brand of humor to the challenges couples may face, including eating healthy (versus being happy), parenting (building crucial survival skills), finances (bill collectors, anyone?), and church attendance (Melissa’s purse holds enough mints and fidget toys to entertain the kids and Dustin).
This book will help your marriage if by no other means than looking at Dustin’s dysfunctional marriage and feeling better about your own. You’ll be working on your marriage without even realizing it.