Why Woo-Woo Works: The Surprising Science Behind Meditation, Reiki, Crystals, and Other Alternative Practices
Why should we meditate? How can crystals heal the mind and body? Why is visualization so powerful – and so effective?
Alternative therapies, healing modalities, and spiritual practices are often referred to as ‘woo-woo,’ – but many of these approaches are actually supported by compelling scientific evidence.
In this dynamic and thought-provoking book, David R. Hamilton PhD dives deeper into the true nature of consciousness and presents the cutting-edge research behind energy healing, crystals, meditation, and more.
• The science behind some of today’s most popular alternative practices
• How your thoughts, emotions, and beliefs have healing power
• The benefits of nature and a holistic approach to healing
• A fascinating link between consciousness and human connection
• The relationship between suppressed emotions and disease
The ideas behind some of these holistic therapies have been around for millennia – but now we have scientific evidence demonstrating how they can contribute to physical, emotional, and energetic healing too.
It’s time to embrace the truth: That woo-woo really does work.