Harvard Business Review – Communicate Better with Everyone
Info: As a working parent, you lead meetings, advocate for your children, and make presentations that win clients—all with ease. But when your personal life spills into your professional life—whether it’s negotiating a schedule change with your boss or talking to your spouse about responsibilities at home—it can be a challenge to communicate effectively and reach agreement.
Communicate Better with Everyone provides the expert advice, sample language, and practical solutions you need to help you have more productive conversations with everyone, from your manager to yourself.
You’ll learn to:
* Discuss your career and family commitments with your boss
* Set boundaries—and stick to them
* Create a safe environment for open, honest conversations
* Decide whether—and what—to disclose when facing a personal crisis
* Talk back to your inner critic